A perfect introduction to Warhammer Age of Sigmar, and the wider hobby of collecting, building, painting and playing with Citadel miniatures, Tempest of Souls is a starter set packed with miniatures, rules and accessories that will have you up and running in no time. It includes 32 miniatures split across the factions of the heroic Stormcast Eternals and ghastly, undead Nighthaunt – mortal enemies locked in unending combat – along with detailed guides on assembling, painting and playing with them. Included:
32 push-fit miniatures, which can be assembled without glue and are even supplied on pre-coloured plastic:
The glorious forces of Sigmar, pure and unbowed warriors dedicated to scouring the Mortal Realms of Chaos, Destruction and Death. Each of the 12 Stormcast Eternals miniatures in the box is an Easy to Build push-fit model, supplied on gold plastic sprues and requiring no glue to assemble:
- A Knight-Incantor – a glorious and powerful wizardly leader carrying an incantor’s staff along with a voidstorm scroll
- 2 Evocators – shock-troops who blaze with celestial lightning, armed with tempest blades and stormstaves;
- 3 Castigators – support troops who lay down withering ranged attacks with their thunderhead greatbows;
- 5 Sequitors – frontline infantry who bring the fight to the fore with stormsmite mauls and soulshields;
- A Celestar Ballista – an enormous heavy bolt thrower, serviced by 2 Sacristan Engineers who defend their war machine with sigmarite blades.
Nagash’s seemingly-endless hordes of risen undead, bitter and lethal toward all who still possess the gift of life. Each of the 20 Nighthaunt miniatures in the box is an Easy to Build push-fit model, supplied on turquoise plastic sprues and requiring no glue to assemble:
- A Lord-Executioner – a horrifying gheist whose image is dominated by the macabre gallows lashed to his back, he carries a decapitating greataxe;
- 4 Grimghast Reapers – cursed, indiscriminate killers armed with double-handed slasher scythes – their leader, the Extoller of Shyish, carries a great bell known as the death knell;
- 5 Glaivewraith Stalkers: unstoppable gheists drifting inexorably towards their prey, each attacks with a 2-handed hunter’s glaive;
- A 10-strong Chainrasp Horde: each armed with a malignant weapon – axes, swords, and flails feature heavily here – this frightening force is led by a Dreadwarden, who wields a 3-pronged candelabra.
Tempest of Souls features a 16-page set booklet of core rules, providing the basics you need to get gaming. It includes:
- An overview of the items needed to play, how to set up and choose your general, and the basics of measuring distances between models;
- A walkthrough of the turn sequence – casting spells, using abilities, movement, shooting, charging, fighting and testing for battleshock are covered in a concise and easy to follow manner;
- Using Triumphs – these are rewards bestowed upon your army after a major victory;
- Rules covering the use of terrain and scenery in your battles, demonstrating how battles can be radically different in nature depending on the environment;
- A guide to Battleplans – their setup, the rules they employ and the victory conditions they place on your games;
- An explanation of Warscrolls and their use – these contain the rules for your miniatures – and Warscroll Battalions, special formations of certain miniatures that confer extra rewards and abilities;
- Realm of Battle rules – special conditions placed upon the battlefield depending on which Mortal Realm the battle is fought in, which introduce a thematic element to games;
- Allegiance Abilities – these allow your army to use additional abilities and spells, according to their Grand Alliance, faction, and allies.
9 Warscroll cards are included – these cards contain the rules and stats you need in order to field your miniatures, laid out for ease of use in a handy card format. A Warscroll is included for each type of miniature in the box. A further 2 Warscroll cards are in the box detailing the Dreadblade Harrows and Myrmourn Banshees (models not included) – these are a great preview of the next steps in your collection!
Of course, you’ll need guidance in order to play games with your new miniatures – included is a 96-page softback book, packed with background and essential information on painting and playing!